At the Women’s Rejuvenation Centre, AFAs are a new, unique, and fully patented Cosmeceutical. AFAs are based on the same natural acidic amino acids that serve to retain moisture in human skin. They are also potent antioxidants an extremely helpful against photo pigmentation. They are remarkably free of irritation yet still have effective pH levels.
· AFAs unique formulation allows the peels and products to be partnered with other cosmetic procedures, including IPLs and other laser procedures.
· AFAs are only available in Canada through medical professionals and are sold in over 25 countries.
There is little irritation associated with the AFA Gels when compared to even neutralized AHA peels. This may be due to the effect of the amino group that is retained in the AFA molecule, which might modify the causticity of the AFAs without changing the overall pH of the molecule. The addition of purines to the AFA Gels also serves to reduce the chance of any potential irritation or causticity.
AFAs Have 7 Unique Advantages as Topical Anti-Aging Cosmeceuticals:
1. AFAs promote greater moisture retention in human skin
2. AFAs have 3 fold greater antioxidant potency than AHAs
3. AFAs are highly effective exfoliants
4. Patients notice visible improvement quickly (often within a few days)
5. AFAs are more powerful against photo-pigmentation (sun damage)
6. AFAs have little irritation when compared to AHAs
7. AFAs are not photosensitizing (sensitive to sunlight)
Hydrated skin is key to a plumper, more youthful skin.
Unfortunately, age and sun damage decrease amino acids in the skin.
This then leaves our skin susceptible to the signs of aging.
· Increases water retention in dry, damaged skin
· Provides a deep exfoliation for a much smoother and softer complexion
· Provides 3 times more antioxidants for the skin than AHAs, promoting a healthy skin environment
· Enlarged pores are reduced and appear more refined
· Reduction in Acne Breakouts
· Dramatically improves the appearance of sun damaged skin
· Reduces irritation and can even be used on Rosacea
What really makes AFAs stand out and above AHAs, is that they provide a much higher concentration of antioxidants to the skin, dramatically improving the skin’s appearance, and unlike AHAs they can be used on even the most sensitive skin, without causing irritation.
AFA Chemical Peels work by removing a portion of the acid mantle layer of the skin. This peel is full of antioxidants and moisture which may leave your skin radiant.
For clients suffering from acne and/or oily skin, we recommend the two step AFA Clay Chemical Peel. We have had exceptional results treating adult hormonal acne. A trained medical professional will assess your skin to determine the best intervention.
The in-office AFA antioxidant facial
AFA antioxidant facial peels are performed by trained medical personnel. AFA facial peels consist of higher concentrations of AFAs and are done on a weekly or biweekly basis. They will dramatically accelerate the effectiveness of your AFA program.
We recommend that you have at least six AFA facial peels at weekly or biweekly intervals. Since most patients experience rapid improvement in their skin after their AFA facial, many choose to continue their facials on an ongoing basis, as a part of their skin care regimen.
To address your skin's specific issues, your Medical Aesthetician or skin care specialist will help you decide whether more than six peels are necessary, and what AFA facial peel strength is required.
Avoid Seven (7) Days BEFORE a Peel · Electrolysis
· Depilatory creams
· Laser hair removal
Stop Using Four (4) Days BEFORE a Peel:
· Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac
· Any products containing retinol, AHA, BHA, or benzoyl peroxide
· Active cold sores
· Allergy to aspirin
· Use of Accutane within the past year
· Women who are pregnant or nursing
This procedure is ideal for anyone suffering from any type of skin damage. Enlarged pores, sun damaged skin, dry or dehydrated skin, acne and even rosacea patients can benefit from this procedure.
This advanced treatment works by delivering a potent blend of antioxidants and amino acids deep into the skin to increase water retention, helping to promote the formation of collagen for a youthful skin. They also provide a deep exfoliation, helping to promote a far smoother skin texture, that you can both see and feel.
The first step is the mask, which draws out impurities, opens the pores and preps the skin for the peel. The mask is applied for 5 minutes. The peel is then applied in a thin layer and removed promptly after 1-2 minutes, as it works incredibly fast. Your skin professional will then follow up with the appropriate aftercare.
Because this peel is far less irritating than an AHA peel, there should be little to no discomfort. Sensitive individuals might feel a mild stinging sensation, but this does not last long, as the peel is removed after a minute or 2.
Dramatic results are noticeable after the very first treatment due to the potency of this peel. You can come in for just a single treatment, but for best results we recommend 6 weekly or bi-weekly treatments.
There is no recovery time with an AFA peel as it does not make the skin sun-sensitive.
Because this peel is so effective for sensitive skin types, there should be little to no side-effects.
If you have always wanted to try a chemical peel, but have been scared off in the past due to the harsh side-effects of AHAs then AFAs might just change your mind. If your skin is sensitive, oily, dry or damaged, then this treatment is perfect for you. You will notice a dramatic improvement in your skin after just one use with no irritation, and no downtime.
Copyright © 2018 Women's Rejuvenation Centre - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder